2013年12月9日 星期一

A Reunion of My Former Students

#2013-1209

Yesterday Jean and I went to a reunion party of my former students, who graduated from Wenwu Elementary School (WES) in June 1981 -- just one year before I quit my teaching job there and went to NTNU for further studies. The party was held at Guo Shen, or Pot God, a garden restaurant not far from the school. Quite a number of my former students attended this luncheon party, some even showing up together with their spouses and children. Having lost contact with them for over 30 years, Jean and I had a really wonderful time eating and chatting with them again yesterday.

Speaking of WES, it was my first workplace in my life. It was located in Dajia Town, Taichung County; but the same location has been renamed "Dajia District, Taichung City." Things have changed with the times. You'll now see nothing left on the campus that existed during the seven years when I worked there. Now all the classrooms and other buildings (such as the auditorium, the faculty office, etc.) are totally new to me, because they were reconstructed after I had quit my job at that school. It is true that the school looks very modern and much more advanced than before, but oddly enough, I felt rather disappointed to see this complete change! (For photos of WES at present, click here: #2013-1208.)

Fortunately my focus (or purpose) yesterday was not on the school campus, but on people -- my former students who I had not seen for over three decades. [In many cases, software is more important than hardware, but I can assure you that neither of them should be higher valued than humans. It's humans that create and/or use the two "wares."] Anyway, Jean and I were very pleased to be invited to my former students' REUNION (2013), which was one of the most joyful, wonderful and memorable parties that we've ever had. You'll see how excited (and how blissfully happy) both of us were yesterday, if you see the following photos.

An important note: The photos below are from a Facebook page for the private group "文武 19," created by Shijane Tsai, who was one of my most excellent students at Wenwu Elementary School (WES).











沒有留言: