2016年1月15日 星期五

Visiting the Art Museum with Mom

#2016-0115

My mom is interested in the fine arts, as I can see, although she has repeatedly emphasized that she can't read or write due to her lack of formal schooling.

My mom has spent most of her life as a simple peasant working in the crop fields and on the mountain slopes. Now she is in her eighties and, indeed, too old to work as a farm laborer. She should have more opportunities to enjoy what she likes to see and to do! -- So I took her to National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts (國立台灣美術館) this morning.

It was my mom's first time to visit such a place. A place marvelous, fantastic, and amazing! A place so new and so impressive to my mom! Even outside of the main buildings of the museum are so many beautiful things for the public to see. -- Well, now, see the photos, which I took when it was drizzling! ...











(See also Seeing the Painter and His Paintings, if you like.)


沒有留言: